Bowden House, Pangbourne
Bowden House is a large detached 3 storey character house.
Our scope of works was to extend the property with some internal areas remodelled to create a new Kitchen, Dayroom, TV Room, Entrance Hall, Shower Room, Utility, Boiler Room, Family Bathroom, Au-Pairs living area, and associated External Terrace Area.
The existing areas that required remodelling included Store, Boiler Room, Shower, Utility, Staircase, Au-pairs accommodation and External areas. All works were undertaken while the property was occupied which meant services had to be maintained to serve the outlets in the house. Final changeovers were subject to pre-planned approval from the Client.
The existing boiler room occupied the space of what is now the Clients new Dayroom. To ensure all services were maintained to the existing part of the house throughout the duration of the contract additional planning of the works were necessary. The New Boiler house was one of the first area’s started as this was required to be fully operational prior to changeover. The underground service trench which contained all the service mains for the existing house were installed early, tested and insulated to deliver LTHW Heating and Primary Hot Water Heating to the existing hot water cylinders on the First and Second Floors. The existing Boiler Room was below ground floor level with steps down giving a tall Boiler Room. This held the house Heating and Hot Water Boilers, together with the Hot Water Cylinder No.1, shower boost pump, and circulation pumps etc., all of which was stripped out and is now served via the new Boiler Room installed by GA.
This was our first in-house Underfloor Heating Install; we teamed up with Myson to undertake this installation with them providing the design, working drawings, all materials and a 25 year guarantee. Our engineers underwent a 2 day training course in Newcastle to be able to install the system.
Systems GA were responsible for under this contract:
- New Boiler Room Installation serving the complete house (New & Old)
- Underfloor Heating Installation to the Ground Floor Extension
- Radiator and Towel Rail Circuit to the First Floor
- Boosted Hot & Cold Water to the New Shower & Bathrooms
- Mains Cold Water to the New Kitchen and Utility Room
- Above ground Drainage
- Oil Installation
- Ventilation System
- New Low Energy Lighting installation
- New small power installation
- New Power Supplies to New Boiler Room & associated plant
- New Control wiring to new Boiler room & associated plant
- New Under Floor Heating
- New TV reception System Installation
- New Internal & External Audio System
- New Lightning Protection Installation
- New Telephone System
- New Fire Alarm System
- New Sub Main Installation
- New Distribution Board Installation for new external terrace Lighting & Small Power Installations
- New wall mounted external lighting installation with automatic & time control