GA Electrical are proud to be nearing completion of the refurbishment of a former Victorian Warehouse in Clerkenwell Road.
The building will provide 30,482 sq ft of Grade A office space including a stylish mezzanine level on the top floor.
The design of the building is a fusion of both modern and original features, including exposed brickwork and original Victorian cast iron columns along the raised floors, contrasting with the modern contemporary lighting, air conditioning and new lifts. Electrical conduit and containment also remained exposed, which , while not only being in keeping with industrial feel of the building, was also a chance to show off how neat our installation work is! The purpose of this design was to retain the historic character of the building.
The name Clerkenwell derives from Clerk’s Well where Parish clerks would perform biblical mystery places. During the Industrial Revolution, Clerkenwell became renowned for its breweries, distilleries, printers and clock makers. Many of the warehouses and workshops of Clerkenwell’s industrial past remain, and are now home to a myriad of businesses including architectural practises, design showrooms, film companies, media agencies and hi-tech companies.
The latest technologies are being implemented with a view to obtaining a BREEAM rating of ‘Very Good’.
- Newly configured entrance lobby with approx 4.5m ceiling height
- New fully accessible raised floors
- New contemporary lighting
- New air-conditioning system
- Exposed original brickwork
- Original cast iron columns
- Superb natural light
- Occupancy 1 person per 10 sq m
- Two new 8-person passenger lifts
- New WC facilities throughout
- Bicycle storage
- Shower facilities
- New Building Management System
- DDA compliant
- New external illumination