Plumbing and Gas Engineer Required. Permanent role.
We are an established, well resourced and dexterous company who are constantly seeking to expand our dedicated team of contract electricians, mechanical engineers and plumbers to provide a total solution for our clients from small works to major contracting projects across Oxfordshire, the South East and London.
Currently we are looking to recruit an experienced plumber to join our Heating & Plumbing Division. You will be carrying out maintenance & installation work to domestic and some commercial plumbing and heating systems.
The ideal candidate will have experience of carrying plumbing, heating, maintenance & installation in domestic properties, some commercial knowledge would be an advantage. You will need to have exceptional customer services skills and have an ability to work unsupervised and independently.
You will require:
* NVQ in Plumbing & Heating
* ACS / Gas Safe Registered
* Core Domestic Gas Qualifications
* Full UK Driving Licence
- Repairs to domestic plumbing installations
- Installation of replacement sanitary ware and baths, shower trays and level decks and associated equipment
- Installation of kitchen sinks
- Installation of new pipe work (copper, speed fit, waste, rainwater)
- Installation of new sundry items such as taps and ball valves
- Problem solving skills. Installing and repairing water mains supplies, heating system pipe work and drainage stop taps
- Installing and repairing gas boilers (LPG and Oil would be an advantage)Diagnosing and repairing heating, trouble shoot and problem solving
- Vented and unvented cylinder heads (HWSS qualified or alternative)
- Applicants must have experience of servicing & breakdowns.
- Carry out minor remedial works.
As well as the above key duties, the plumber is also expected to have demonstrable experiences in one or more additional trades. These possible trades are; carpentry, bricklaying, tiling, painting and decorating, plastering.
You should have a minimum of an NVQ level 2 or equivalent in plumbing and have demonstrable experience in all aspects of this core trade. You will have experience of working in occupied premises and be able to demonstrate good customer care skills. The ability to use mobile technology such as an iPad or PDA is essential. A current CSCS card is desirable.
Due to a requirement to travel within this role, candidates must hold a full and current driving licence that is acceptable to our insurers and have the ability to drive a company van.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a specialist contractor.
Salary and Benefits will depend on experience, but typically includes:
Interested candidates must apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Experience and Apprenticeships
Left to right: Archie Vokins, Jamie Allen, Joe Morrison, Alex Benkfaa, Jordan Pacey, Kieran Cooper, Josh Allen and Dan Searle.
We believe in offering work experience places to local school students, and giving talented and ambitious young people from all backgrounds the chance to realise their full potential as an apprentice at GA. It’s exactly how our Managing Director Carl Vink and all our directors and senior managers first started out, so we certainly like to nurture our own ‘home grown’ talent. Currently we have thirteen apprentices all developing their personal and technical skills and taking apprenticeships in either Electro Technical Installation or Mechanical and Heating.
Left to right: Jack Wales, Charles Robins, Charlie Silkstone and Dominic Boulter.
If you want a professional qualification, a career not just a job and a chance to make it to the very top, then consider applying for an apprenticeship.
For more information about work experience places email email@example.com, and for apprenticeship opportunities go to the JTL web site.