Experienced Plumbing & Gas Engineer required – permanent role
The launch of our Heating and Plumbing division at GA in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, has proved so successful we are looking to recruit an additional contract/permanent qualified engineer. Must be Gas Safe registered and have a minimum of 5 years experience servicing domestic properties. Good rates of pay.
You will be carrying out maintenance & installation work to domestic and some commercial plumbing and heating systems.
The ideal candidate will have experience of carrying out plumbing, heating, maintenance & installation works in domestic properties, but some commercial knowledge would be an advantage. You will need to have exceptional customer services skills and have an ability to work unsupervised and independently.
You will require:
- NVQ in Plumbing & Heating
- ACS/Gas Safe Registered
- Core Domestic Gas Qualifications
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Repairs to domestic plumbing installations
- Installation of replacement sanitary ware and baths, shower trays and level decks and associated equipment
- Installation of kitchen sinks
- Installation of new pipe work (copper, speed fit, waste, rainwater)
- Installation of new sundry items such as taps and ball valves
- Problem solving skills.
- Installing and repairing water mains supplies, heating system pipe work and drainage stop taps
- Installing and repairing gas boilers (LPG and Oil would be an advantage).
- Diagnosing and repairing heating, trouble shoot and problem solving.
- Vented and unvented cylinder heads (HWSS qualified or alternative)
- Applicants must have experience of servicing & breakdowns.
- Carry out minor remedial works.
As well as the above key duties, the successful candidate will be expected to have demonstrable experiences in one or more additional trades. The possible trades are carpentry, bricklaying, tiling, painting and decorating or plastering.
You should have a minimum of an NVQ level 2 or equivalent in plumbing and have demonstrable experience in all aspects of this core trade. You will have experience of working in occupied premises and be able to demonstrate good customer care skills. The ability to use mobile technology such as an iPad or PDA is essential. A current CSCS card is desirable. Due to a requirement to travel within this role, candidates must hold a full and current driving licence that is acceptable to our insurers and have the ability to drive a company van. You work out of our office in Wallingford, Oxfordshire.
Salary and benefits will depend on experience, but typically includes:
Interested candidates must apply by email to email@example.com
We are seeking to expand our dedicated team of contract:
- mechanical engineers
- qualified heating engineers/plumbers (Gas Safe Registered)
We aim to provide a total solution for our clients from small works to major contracting projects across Oxfordshire, the South East and London. We have the resources and the capability to undertake Electrical Installation Condition Reports (EICR) for everything from a bungalow to a complex site as big as Heathrow Airport, across Oxfordshire and beyond.
Interested? Email your CV over to us: firstname.lastname@example.org